New Paltz-based Choice Words LLC handled the grant writing for eight projects that received $6.5 million in collective funding last week via the New York State Consolidated Funding Application (CFA). The awards will help fund major development projects for companies and nonprofit organizations that operate in Dutchess, Orange and Ulster counties.
Some of the projects awarded funding include Bellefield at Hyde Park ($2.25 million), Wildberry Lodge ($1.75 million), the Walkway Visitor Facility Improvement & Access Project ($600,000), and the Stewart Airport Infrastructure Improvement Project ($1 million). State officials announced the awarding of the grants on Thursday, Dec. 10. The CFA is a primary conduit for state funding of not-for-profit agencies and economic development initiatives.
“Choice Words was privileged to participate in the development and filing of CFA applications on behalf of these extremely worthy projects, which will bring $6.5 million into our region to catalyze many important economic development initiatives,” said Choice Words’ President Steve Densmore
Eight of Choice Words’ clients in three counties were awarded the following amounts:
- Bellefield at Hyde Park ($2.25 million) to help fund a $94 million resort and spa to be located across from the Culinary Institute of America (Dutchess County);
- Wildberry Lodge ($1.75 million) to support construction of an $84 million hotel, water park, and recreational tourism resort in New Paltz (Ulster County);
- Stewart Airport Infrastructure Project/Town of New Windsor ($1 million) to help fund a series of needed repairs and improvements of sewer and water infrastructure serving Stewart International Airport (Orange County);
- Walkway Visitor Facility Improvement & Access Project ($600,000) to fund visitor amenities and enhancements at entranceways to Walkway Over the Hudson State Historic Park (Dutchess and Ulster counties);
- Black Dirt Distillery ($329,000) for expansion of bottling and production at the long-established distillery (Orange County);
- Queen City Lofts ($300,000) to help fund construction of artists loft apartments and commercial space in the City of Poughkeepsie (Dutchess County);
- Heritage Restoration Properties ($215,000) to help expand the production at the microbrew and health beverage producer in the City of Middletown (Orange County);
- Phoenicia International Festival of the Voice ($56,000) to support the annual arts festival in Phoenicia (Ulster County)