New York State has awarded more than $8.3 million in economic stimulus money to four businesses, four non-profit agencies, a labor union and two municipal governments whose applications were written by Choice Words LLC, a New Paltz-based grant writing and strategic communications firm. Choice Words secured 12 grants for the 11 clients.
The grants were awarded by the Mid-Hudson Regional Economic Development Council under the state’s Consolidated Funding Application (CFA) process.
Grants ranged from $20,000 for an economic feasibility study in the Town of Wawarsing to $2 million for waterfront development in Poughkeepsie and $2 million for a conference center and luxury hotel in Hyde Park.
“These CFA awards will help build new campuses, parks and job-generating hospitality venues throughout the Mid-Hudson Valley,” said Choice Words President Steve Densmore. “Choice Words is extremely pleased to help secure funding for so many fine projects.”
The projects, their host counties and grant awards are:
- Walkway Over the Hudson, Dutchess and Ulster counties: visitor center, landscaping and other amenities, $500,000;
- Bellefield at Hyde Park, Dutchess County: a luxury hotel, spa and conference center in Hyde Park adjacent to the Culinary Institute of America, $2 million;
- Iron Workers Local 417, Orange County: A training and education center in an addition to the union’s headquarters in the Town of Newburgh, $350,000;
- Tuxedo Sloatsburg Corridor Revitalization, Orange and Rockland counties: Renovation of Tuxedo Market and Tuxedo Tavern and development of the Sloatsburg Garden Hotel and Sloatsburg Antiques and Arts Center, $750,000;
- Jawonio Inc., Rockland County: Construction of a new consolidated campus in New City to serve special needs children, $825,000;
- The Arc of Ulster-Greene, Ulster County: Renovations of a building in Midtown Kingston that will house manufacturing space for an international company and mixed-use arts space, $200,000;
- The Town of Wawarsing, Ulster County: Funding for a feasibility study for the re-use of the former dairy farm located on the grounds of a correction al facility, $20,000;
- Poughkeepsie Waterfront Development, LLC, Dutchess County: Expansion of a marina and construction of a Marina Club that will include a pool, restaurant and apartments, $2 million;
- City of Poughkeepsie, Dutchess County: Construction of a 3,000-foot promenade along the city’s waterfront. The project will include a deep-water boat pier, fishing stations, benches, fountains and other amenities, $500,000;
- Family Services, Inc., Dutchess County: Renovation and upgrading of the Family Partnership Center in the City of Poughkeepsie, including the installation of a playground and outdoor badminton and volleyball court, $522,576;
- Monroe Community Sports Centre Corp., Orange County: Renovation of Bill Gray’s Regional Iceplex, including energy-efficiency improvements and retail and locker room expansion, $700,000.